English grammar exercises Past Simple - answers
- I wrote a lot of letters when I was younger. I hardly ever write letters now.
- They sell almost everything, but they once sold good handmade cakes.
- He is very good at English. He was first in English at school.
- I have the same mobile now that I had 2 years ago.
- I don’t keep pets now, but I kept a cat when I was a child.
- Where did you eat last night? – We ate at a coffee bar.
- I hardly knew Susan’s husband. Did you know him at all?
- We always meet on Saturday. We met last Saturday as usual.
- He often finds things on the beach. He found a purse yesterday.
- He’s always leaving the window open. Who left it open this time?
© 2013 Focus English School