Articles: a, an, the exercises
- 1. A boy came to see me today. The boy brought a letter from my friend.
- 2. I bought a book yesterday. The book I bought is a novel.
- 3. We saw a house at the end of the street. The house we saw was white.
- 4. John wants to make a walk. The walk which he wants to make must be a long one.
- 5. Give me an apple. The apple you gave me is too hard to eat.
- 6. A young girl was seated in front of me. The girl had a dog. My son started to play with the dog.
- 7. I wrote an exercise yesterday, and I wanted to know if the exercise was written correctly.
- 8. There were two friends: an old sailor and a small boy. The boy often visited the sailor in his poor hut.
- 9. A traveller arrived at the inn. The inn was full of people and the traveller could not get near the fire.
- 10. A lady called one day at the house were there were two children: a boy and a girl. When The lady entered the house she found the boy and the girl reading books.
© 2013 Focus English School