Modal verbs exercises with answers
- I failed the test. I should have studied harder.
- Tom watches all the Liverpool games. He must be one of their biggest fans.
- You shouldn't have told Mark. You knew it was a secret.
- - Could Tom have been at home yesterday?
- - She could have been. I really don't know.
- They built this temple 3,000 years ago. This must have been a great civilization.
- Bring your umbrella. It might rain later.
- Where are we supposed to go for the test tomorrow?
- Tom has got to clean up his room. It's a mess.
- - Will your plane we late this afternoon?
- - It may be. The airport was closed this morning.
- Children under five years old must not swim without an adult.
- - Wasn't that Chris in class?
- - It couldn't. Chris left last week.
- Tom was supposed to call Susan yesterday but he forgot.
© 2014 Focus English School, Cookies Policy