Present Simple and Present Continuous tense
Choose the right answers to complete the following sentences in Present Simple or Present Continuous tense in English.
- He generally eats only cheese for supper, but today he _______ ham and eggs.
- is eating
- I always _______ to the radio in the car.
- am listening
- I _______ this weekend in the mountains. I go there every summer.
- am spending
- She _______ very well. She even wins at competitions.
- is skating
- The teacher always ______ the text when we don’t understand.
- is explaining
- It ______ in winter, but not all the time of course, and it is snowing now.
- is snowing
- When I ______ lazy I like to lie down with a good crime story and a glass of whiskey.
- am feeling
- You ______ too much. No wonder, you are getting fatter and fatter.
- are eating
- She ______ the table, I can hear her.
- is setting
- A: Are you going home now?
B: No. I am going to meet Tom. We often _______ after work.
- are meeting
© 2013 Focus English School