When to use gerund or infinitive - answers
- We got a new card holder in order not to lose our credit cards.
- I talked to the students about working harder but I couldn't get them to study.
- I asked him not to go there but he went anyway.
- I bought this new software to learn Chinese.
- She's going to stop to eat dinner so she may be late.
- I don't think Tom enjoyed helping me study for the test.
- I resented his saying that. He could have been more polite.
- Are you ready? It's time to go.
- My mother makes me do my homework before I go out.
- My mobile phone is in my bag but I don't remember putting it there.
- We're eighteen so we're old enough to vote.
- He's not used to waking up so early.
- It isn't difficult to understand this textbook.
- Living in a foreign country is sometimes difficult.
© 2013 Focus English School